Every day, I begin my work day with a list of all the things I am thankful for and end my day with a list of things I can do to make the next day better than today. Today's list of gratitude focused on Why I LOVE Working for Myself.
You see, it wasn't always like it is today - I didn't wake up one morning and find myself in a gorgeous home that I love with two nice vehicles, a career that I love, an awesome family, or a housekeeper and personal assistant. NO - I had to work for those things! It wasn't too far into my distant past that I was a single mom of two boys, putting myself through college, worrying about an upcoming deployment, and living in a 3-bedroom house with very little furniture. I hated going through the things I had to work through, but working through all the hard times really made me appreciate the good times even more so.
So here's why I love working for myself:
• I am in control of my own schedule - which is so important as a mom to four children...with each one having their own activities. Kurtis is in Civil Air Patrol and is a Junior Zookeeper at Chehaw, Ryan is a member of the Robotics and Lego Club, and they both play soccer and basketball. Mia and LC both do gymnastics.
• I spend more time with my family! Thanks to being able to work whenever I want to instead of having a set shift, I can schedule each day around my kid's activities, which means I'm making every game, going on evening walks with my family, and I'm there every evening and morning when they need me!
• Working vacations!!! Can I get a heck yes?! I can do my job from anywhere, which means my office can literally be the beach when the boys go to their aviation camps at the National Flight Academy in Pensacola!
• Financial stability! With my career, I'm in control of my schedule and my income, and it's only going to get better from here when it comes to my earning potential! I determine my worth, and how many hours I work each week. I work an average of 10-15 hours a week, and in that short amount of time, I'm making more money than I ever have in my life.
• I cook less. When my husband comes home from work, he takes over kid duty so that I can start getting some work done. By the time I'm done, he's got dinner on a plate for me, which I love and appreciate so much. After dinner, we go on our stroll through the neighborhood.
• I can finally hire help! My husband and I were running ourselves into the ground trying to keep up with the kids, the house, dinner, and everything else. I have recently been able to hire a housekeeper, editor, and personal assistant. Since I'm now helping to provide for them, it motivates me to keep my hustle pants on, and keep this thing rolling along smoothly.
If you'd love to learn how to run a successful business, you can check out our Virtual Ambition Academy, which is set to fully launch in early 2017!